- Menopause Hormone Check (149,95 $) Order here
Put an end to...
- Hot flushes and night sweat
- Sleeping disorders and consistent tiredness
- Nervous tension
- Mood swings / depressive moods
- Forgetfulness and concentration difficulties
- Water retention and weight gain
- Itchy and dry mucous membranes
- Hair loss
During the menopause the hormone levels are strongly affected, physical and psychological complaints are the results. Verisana measures the levels of the affected hormones and determines whether your levels are too high or too low.
Similar to the adolescent phase, our hormones ensure the radical physical and psychological changes during the menopause. Although this age-related hormonal upheaval also affects men (andropause), women tend to suffer significantly more than men: The menopause lasts about two years, during which 90% of the hormones are lost – and therefore the chemical substances that keep us alive and determine our mood.
Progesterone starts to sink earlier than the estrogens, which disturbs the sensitive interplay of the hormones. In this first phase, the woman affected mostly suffers from the symptoms of an estrogen dominance; this means that in relation to progesterone, too much estrogen is being produced. Gradually, the ovaries also begin to stop the estrogen production.
A balanced ratio between progesterone and estrogen protects the body against various diseases. Due to this, a hormone deficiency or imbalance, as is the case during the menopause, can also have detrimental effects on the general health. Under medical supervision, this natural balance can restored, for example, through the intentional consumption of bioidentical hormones. Appropriate estrogen and progesterone cremes are available in almost all pharmacies.
How Verisana can help
If you are suffering from menopause symptoms, we recommend using a saliva test to determine the hormone values. The sample needed can be easily obtained by yourself at home. The evaluation report is then sent by post along with:
- Your hormone values in graphical form – this makes it possible to decipher whether the values of the relevant hormones are within the reference range.
- An easy to understand explanation regarding the functions of the tested hormones.
- A summary of the complaints that can come from a deficiency or excess.
For more detailed information regarding the menopause, please request the free information brochure.