Gluten Intolerance Test
With the Gluten Intolerance Test, your stool sample is examined to determine:
1.) Transglutaminase IgA
2.) Secretory IgA
Availability: deliverable immediately
Who should take the test?
Do you usually suffer from flatulence, diarrhea or stomach pain after the consumption of gluten-containing foods such as bread, cake or noodles?
Celiac disease is the chronic disease caused by the intolerance of gluten in food. Gluten is a component of various cereals such as wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelled, kamut, greens, einkorn and emmer. Because of this intolerance the mucosa becomes damaged. As a result, various nutrients can be absorbed only partially or not at all. The rigorous lifelong renunciation of gluten-containing foods can restore and maintain the mucosal function.
The test analyzes the values of the following analytes:
- - Secretory IgA
- - Transglutaminase IgA
Our Gluten Intolerance Test helps you to find out whether you are suffering from gluten intolerance, which will allow you to eliminate your complaints by changing your diet.
How does it work?
You collect the samples at home, send them back to us and we will provide you with your level of each analyte and whether your level falls within the reference ranges for your age. In addition to that, the results include graphs showing whether your are in the "green" (=normal/healthy) or "red" (=too high/low) area, making it easy to understand the results.
What will my results tell me?
Your results will provide detailed information about whether your secretory IgA and Transglutaminase IgA levels are normal, low, or high compared to reference ranges in your age group. You can then discuss the results with your doctor or health practitioner, who can give you further guidance and treatment recommendations.
What guidance will I get along with my results?
We always recommend the discussion of the mailed results with your doctor or practitioner. Although we do not offer therapy service ourselves, we will gladly assist you in finding a suitable therapist in your area. Besides, further information is available on our website, especially in the different test categories, under "health conditions" and the FAQs. Still have questions? Then you can contact us by phone at (703) 722 6067 (08:00am - 11:30am EST) or mail at email@example.com.
For the Gluten Intolerance Test we analyse:
Secretory IgA (sIgA) is an immune protein, which reacts anti-inflammatory. It coats the intestinal lining, especially the mucosal surfaces and is supposed to protect us from inside. As secretory IgA represents the first line of defense of the GI, immunological activity in the GI tract can be assessed using secretory IgA. Low levels of fecal sIgA increase the risk of leaky gut syndrome and promote the growth of microbial pathogens in the intestine. The risk of inflammatroy immune reactions to undigested food and protein is also increased if low levels of sIgA are present. Low fecal IgA levels can result from physical or mental stress and/or inadequate nutrition. High fecal sIgA indicate immune reactions to antigens from bacteria, yeast or other microbes.
Tissue transglutaminase is an enzyme that fixes damage in your body. People with celiac disease often have antibodies in their body that attack this enzyme. Increased antibodies therefore indicate the possibility of a celiac disease (sprue, gluten-enteropathia). The value returns to normal by following a gluten-free diet. Based on the dietary implications of the result, the diagnosis should be confirmed by use of biopsy oder IgE Antigliadin in blood.
- Stomach pain
- Concentration difficulties
Please note the following guidelines regarding the stool collection - the correct collection of the stool is important for achieving analtered laboratory results! Please make sure to collect the samples on Mondays and post them the same day.
Before the sample collection
1. Label the sample container with your full name, the date as well as the time of the sample collection.
2. No additional sealing or stapling of the sample tubes and delivery bag is necessary.
3. Additional note for the gluten intolerance (transglutaminase) test: Do not go on a diet 2 weeks before the collection of the stool sample, instead you should consume products containing gluten.
During the sample collection
1. Please use the enclosed stool collection unit to avoid the stool coming in contact with toilet water or urine. Now collect the sample using the stool collection unit.
2. Take the enclosed collection spoon (attached underneath the lid) in order to stir the stool. Collect different samples from different areas of the stool.
3. Fill the container with the stool sample until the tube is ¾ full.
4. Close the sample container tightly with the lid and clean the outside surface if necessary
After the sample collection
1. After the collection, the stool collection unit as well as the remaining stool can be flushed down the toilet.
2. The sample can be placed in the refrigerator over night – please do not freeze!
3. Please collect the sample on Mondays and post them the same day.
4. Place the sample in the delivered protective bag (clear bag with blue border). Then place everything together with the enclosed sample dispatch note in the grey plastic envelope and seal it.
5. For shipping, please use a „Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope“. The envelopes are available for free. Put the sealed grey envelope into it and send it to the following address: Brian Kalish c/o Verisana Laboratories 818 N Quincy Street Unit 806 Arlington VA 22203.
You can either receive the „Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope“ at any US Postal Service Center, where you can also pay and dispatch your item. Alternatively, you can order the envelope on USPS.com, where you can also pay and create the shipping label online. Print the label and put it on the enlevope. You can then dispatch the envelope at your local post office or throw it into the next letter box (make sure it is emptied the same day!).
Please note: In accordance with the general postal regulations the sender bears the legal responsibility.
6. After approximately 14-21 days you will receive your results.
We advice you that we assume no liability for any disadvantages, costs or damages arising from incorrect collection or shipping. Samples that arrive to our laboratory due to shipment on the wrong weekday, delays in shipping services, selection of incorrect shipment services or providers, or due to force majeur may not fulfill requirements for laboratory testing anymore and may therefore have to be retaken at the sole expense of the patient.
Questions about the order
- Which test should I order?
- Can I also order by phone?
- How long does it take for my order to arrive?
- I have not received an order confirmation.
- My package did not arrive or my order was not completely delivered.
- I want to cancel my order.
Questions about sample submission & findings
- How long will it take to receive my findings?
- How do I get my findings?
- Can I get advice for my test result? Can you tell me what remedy to take?
- I forgot to put the sample dispatch note in the package when sending the sample back.
- I take medication. Can this affect the outcome?
Questions about the stool test
To find the right test for you, click through our additional product information covered in the categories <Details>, <Symptoms> and <Test includes>. You can also call us at (703) 722 6067 (08:00am - 11:30am EST) or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. Please call us at (703) 722 6067 (08:00am - 11:30am EST). The payment in this case is only possible via Paypal. We take your order and you will receive the payment request by mail.
How long does it take for my order to arrive?
We process orders on a daily basis (apart from weekends and public holidays). You have the possibility to choose between two shipping options: free standard shipping and two day shipping.
The standard shipping option is for free and you will receive your order in 5-7 days. The two day shipping option is only for free when your purchase amount is higher than 100 $, if this is not the case you will have to pay an additional amount of 5 $. Regardless of the purchase amount you will receive your order in 2 days if you have chosen the two day shipping option.
I have not received an order confirmation.
Please contact us to check if your order was registered. We will gladly send you the confirmation again.
Please contact our customer service team at (703) 722 6067 (08:00am - 11:30am EST) or write an email to email@example.com.
I want to cancel my order.
The withdrawal period from the purchase of all our items is 2 weeks from the receipt of the goods. Please inform us via mail about the desired cancellation and note the following information: Laboratory analyzes can only be canceled if the analysis has not yet been carried out.
How long will it take to receive my findings?
From the day the sample arrives in our laboratory, it takes:
- saliva tests 2 weeks
- stool tests 2-3 weeks
until the findings are completed.
If you have not received your report after this deadline, please contact us. Please understand that we can not speed up the processing of your sample.
How do I get my findings?
You will receive your findings via mail.
Can I get advice for my test result? Can you tell me what remedy to take?
For legal reasons, our findings do not include individualized therapy recommendations.
If you have any questions regarding the understanding of your findings, please contact our laboratory team.
I forgot to put the sample dispatch note in the package when sending the sample back.
Please send us the completed and signed dispatch note, preferably by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we can not complete your sample without a dispatch note.
I take medication. Can this affect the outcome?
That depends on the test you want to carry out and the medications you are taking. In case of doubt, please ask your doctor regarding the areas that are influenced by the medication prescribed by him and do not stop taking your medication without consulting him.
I take probiotika. Does this affect the outcome?
Taking probiotika means supplying bacteria to your body. In conclusion, carrying out a stool test while taking probiotika will make it unpossible to distinguish the amount of natural and unnatural bacteria in your gut. If you aim to find out about the amount of natural bacteria in your gut, we recommend you to stop taking probiotika two weeks before carrying out the stool test.
Does the gluten/histamine intolerance test also show a reaction when I am on a gluten/histamine-free diet?
No, you should consume food that contains gluten or histamine during the days before taking the sample to get a meaningful result.